Excalibur: The Legend of King Arthur is a graphic novel by Tony Lee and Sam Hart. It tells of the life and death of Arthur, reinventing much of the story to incorporate the Seelie and Unseelie courts of Scottish faerie legends.
- The main antagonist is the villainous King Ulric, who opposed Arthur for years.
- Arthur is in love with Vivianne, the faerie Lady of the Lake
- Morgan le Fay was raised by the Unseelie faeries in exchange for Arthur.
- Mordred is a magical clone of Arthur.
- Nimue, seperate from Vivianne, deeply loves Merlin Ambrosius, and seals him in a tree to heal him at the end of the tale.
- After his apparent death, Arthur goes to Avalon to rule for a century beside his love Vivianne.